Get a head start on your recovery—introducing the Hawthorn Medical Comprehensive Concussion Clinic
Sports Medicine specialist Chad Beattie, MD, has introduced a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of concussions. The Hawthorn Medical Comprehensive Concussion Clinic offers a wide array of resources to treat concussions, including medications, therapy and neuropsychology, and uses ImPACT, a computerized system that measures aspects of cognitive functioning. The clinic has a team of specialists. In addition to Dr. Beattie, a certified athletic trainer, and occupational, physical and speech therapists work with patients to safely get them back to work, school or sport.
For information or an appointment, call the Concussion Clinic hotline at 508-961-2900, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Signs/symptoms of a concussion
An injury that causes rapid movement of the head could be a consussion if the person:
- Appears dazed, stunned or confused
- Moves clumsily, or has dizziness, balance problems or nausea
- Loses consciousness (even briefly)
- Has trouble communicating or recalling events
- Complains of headache or pressure in the head
- Has difficulty falling asleep or feels extremely tired
- Has concentration or memory problems
- Has blurry vision