Allergies, like the common cold, are caused by the body’s reaction to a foreign substance. Although harmless to most people, substances like pollen, dust and animal dander can cause cold-like symptoms in others.
Hawthorn’s Allergist/Immunologist, Zhenhong Li, MD, PhD, treats a wide range of allergic and immunologic disorders in both pediatric (3 months and older) and adult patients:
- Allergic and non allergic rhinitis (hayfever)
- Conjunctivitis (allergic eyes)
- Allergic skin conditions: eczema, hives, contact dermatitis, angioedema
- Allergy immunotherapy
- Anaphylaxis: severe allergic reaction induced by different causes
- Asthma: allergy induced asthma, exercise induced asthma, chronic cough
- Chronic recurrent ear infection, bronchitis and pneumonia
- Chronic headache and sinusitis
- Food allergy/intolerance, eosinophilic esophagitis
- Drug, vaccine, venom and latex allergy
- Immunodeficiency: evaluation and treatment
For more information about allergy treatments or to make an appointment, call 508-996-3991.