To encourage academic preparation in the field of health care, Hawthorn Medical Associates is offering a scholarship of $3,000 for public school seniors who will pursue education in the human health care field.
One scholarship will be awarded at each of the following schools:
- Apponequet Regional High School
- Fairhaven High School
- Dartmouth High School
- Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School
- New Bedford High School
- Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School—The William Holliday III, MD, Memorial Scholarship Program
- Old Rochester Regional High School
- Westport High School
Student must be:
- A high school senior, graduating in 2017;
- A resident of Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Lakeville, Mattapoisett, Marion, New Bedford, Rochester or Westport;
- Pursuing further education full-time from any accredited program during 2017-2018;
- Pursuing one of the following majors or areas of study: nursing; pre-med; radiological technology; laboratory sciences; occupational therapy; pharmacy; physical therapy; respiratory therapy; certified medical assistant or other health related fields.
Applicant must submit:
- Signed, completed application form;
- Official transcript from high school currently attending including senior grades to date;
- A short essay (no more than one-page) describing reason for pursuing the particular area of study, any academic accomplishments, employment or volunteer activities related to the chosen area of study, and any financial issues that could be an obstacle to pursuing study;
- Two references from non-family members (one must be an academic reference);
- Proof of acceptance into an accredited education program.
Only a complete application including all the information listed will be eligible for consideration. Scholarship awards will be sent to the college or university after enrollment has been verified. Applications must be received at Hawthorn Medical no later than April 3, 2017 (applications postmarked by this date will be accepted).
Submissions should be mailed to:
Hawthorn Medical Associates
535 Faunce Corner Road
No. Dartmouth, MA 02747
Questions should be directed to Kathleen Murray at 508-996-3991.