Hawthorn Medical quickly put protocols in place for the care of patients with COVID symptoms for both the Urgent Care Center and the new Medical Garage. Although the Medical Garage is not being used currently due to lower volume, it stands ready should the need for increased testing arise.
COVID Testing – Medical Garage
COVID Testing – Urgent Care Center
Coronavirus recommendations from CDC
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other people even when wearing a mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.